Private Work and Fees
Oakenhall Medical Practice is committed to providing sufficient, timely and appropriate NHS provisions to the registered patients at this practice.Due to the increasing NHS workload and in order to be sustainable, the practice provides private services only, those which cannot be provided by another source:
- Access to Medical Records Requests from patient, Solicitors, Police and Insurance Companies
- Holiday Cancellation Forms
- DVLA and Department of Health Works and Pensions report request (the reports are specifically received direct from the provider with fees already set). As your GP Practice, it is not our policy to provide any NHS appointments to discuss driving License Applications or fitness to drive. It is the responsibility of the DVLA to assess the patient's fitness to drive.
- Completion of Firearms Certificate: Fee £70.00.
- Provision of patient history e.g., summary of problem history, vaccination history (no fee)
- Concessionary bus pass forms (no fee)
- Pregnancy and Flying - We do not assess fitness to fly, but can provide a factual statement in respects of the pregnancy for the airline - if required, this is a private service so will incur a charge
- The GP’s will consider other requests on a case by case basis.
Fees for Private requests commence from £40.00. If you require further information please speak with a receptionist.
All requests will be dealt with, within 30 days, but the GP will try to do this sooner.
The practice will NOT be providing the following private services, which can be provided by another source:
- Private Medical Examinations e.g., HGV, Taxi, Insurance
- Private investigation testing including blood, x-ray and paternity testing
- Occupational Health medical reports and investigations
- Travel Immunisations that are not currently provided by the NHS e.g., Hepatitis B (The practice will continue to provide NHS travel immunisations: Tetanus Polio Diphtheria, Typhoid, Hepatitis A and MMR).
- Mental Health Capacity Assessments including Mental Health Capacity Medical Certificates.
- Power of Attorney assessments and countersigning
- Passport/Driving Licence countersigning
- Fitness to Drive: As your GP Practice, it is not our policy to provide any NHS appointments to discuss driving License Applications or fitness to drive. It is the responsibility of the DVLA to assess the patient's fitness to drive.
- Personal references
- Fit for Letter’s e.g. gym, spa, at risk activities such as parachuting
We aim not to advertise any particular service, so are unable to recommend any individual service provider to carry out this private work.
Oakenhall Medical Practice,
Tel: 0115 963 3511
Phone: 0115 963 3511
Home Visits & Emergencies
Phone: 0115 956 2298